Belt and Hose Replacement
Many experts urge replacing belts, radiator and heater hoses at specific recommended intervals to prevent your car from breaking down. Losing a belt today means big trouble for the engine because serpentine belts are used on most engines to turn the water pump, alternator, power steering and air-conditioning compressor.
Keep Up with scheduled Belt and Hose Maintenance
If the belt snaps, everything is lost and you may be stranded. Older cars use individual V-belts for these various accessories. A blown hose results in an overheated engine and can cause additional engine damage. Be sure to stay up to date with consistent yearly check-ups.
How do I know when belts or hoses needs replaced?
It’s not easy to know the true condition of a belt or hose by its outward appearance because most belts and hoses fail from the inside out.
- Rubber hoses can become hard and brittle, deteriorating with age and exposure to heat, causing the hose to split, blister or leak.
- Belts also break down with heat, mileage and age.
- Every time a belt passes around a pulley, it bends.
- Flexing produces heat that causes the rubber to harden over time.
- The belt is loose or slips, the wear process can be accelerated
Contact us today for a free estimate on belt and hose replacement